Stargate Studios Malta is seeking a Senior-level Animation Artist. Experience as a Lead is preferable.
The job will involve lip-sync and facial expression animation of a dog. This will be used for facial replacement on a live action series.
We are looking for an experienced animator who can handle high volumes of shots and lead a team, under pressured deadlines.
- Maintains communication with tracking/layout artists to verify position accuracy.
- Manages notes from Supervisor or leads and ensure they are applied.
- Working as part of the team of animators, leading your Team Lead and communicating with Supervisor.
- Open to sharing knowledge with team.
- Managing your workload as well as that of the team and completing the shots allocated to you on time.
- Ensuring your work is communicating clearly from blocking through to final animation.
- Once tasks are complete, the animated character/objects will go through QC and published to the studio
- Experience in Maya is essential
- Strong facial animation skills are required
- Knowledge of Tracking, Layout, Rigging is highly desired
- Experience with After Effects is a Bonus
- Able to take direction well and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Open, approachable and friendly
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated to do their best and to always be improving
- Responsive to taking direction and feedback
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to quickly integrate & communicate well in a small team
If you are interested in this position and would consider relocating to Malta please get in touch. PLEASE INCLUDE A CLEAR LINK TO A REEL.